National Coordination and International competition. For the experienced National Scorer aspiring to the highest level of National responsibilities including appointments to CABS, scoring coordinator of National tournaments, and International tournaments. Interaction and exposure to scoring at the highest standard, facilitation of all other levels of instruction, introduction to IBAF scoring method and option to pursue computerised scoring and statistics (Level 4IT).
- Endorsement by State Scoring Organisation
- Receipt of application form and fee
- Maintain financial membership
- Must have held Level 3 Accreditation for minimum of 2 years
- Maintain Log Book for 2 years after receiving Level 3 Accreditation
- Game Scorer or Chief Scorer (refer to Level 3++) at a National Tournament (minimum 10 games to be accumulated at National Tournaments)
- An understanding of live baseball scoring on the ABF official computer statistical package (currently Automated Scorebook)
- Practical testing of all Level 4 will be conducted during a National tournament by a CABS Technical Commissioner or their nominated representative
- Practical testing will include all topics listed on the Level 4 Practical Assessment sheet
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to be available at an agreed National tournament
Qualification For ….
- Planning and conducting scoring Clinic(s)
- Teaching / instructing at any level
- Tournament Scorers Coordinator at any tournament under the auspices of the ABF
- Provide calls of game plays to a Level 4IT using the ABF official computer statistical package (currently Automated Scorebook).
- Instruction on the IBAF scoring methodology.
- In the event of a Candidate being unsuccessful they may re-sit the exam upon consultation with CABS. It is possible that the re-sitting of the exam may be outside normal exam periods
To Retain Level
- Maintain financial membership with CABS
- Proof of regular active scoring at an elite level to be provided by completion of scoring log book
Return to Accreditation page