Week 15 of competition this Sunday, 5th February is the 2017 LA Vic Relaython Round.
The Relaython is a continuous relay over 3 hours where Centres strive to run the greatest distance and raise the most money for the Royal Children’s Hospital Good Friday Appeal.
During competition Lanes 1 & 2 will be used solely for the Relaython. The main aim is to involve all our athletes and families to ensure the baton moves continuously for 3 hours as we strive for the greatest distant possible whilst raising as much money for this wonderful cause.
Last season our aim was to run a “Marathon” distance of 42.195 km’s which equates to 106 laps of the track.
Not only did we achieve our aim but we smashed it completing an AMAZING 135 laps (54 kms).
The Centre through the support of our Clubs and its families raised the wonderful amount of $4,063.69 for the Royal Children’s Hospital Good Friday Appeal.
There are a number of fundraising activities planned during the event.
The main way families can support this event is by creating an everydayhero fundraising account (see “Family Contributions” below)
1. Last year LA Vic offered an individual prize, this year they have changed the prize to a family prize where the direct parents and siblings are able to fundraise together.
2. All Family contributions must be made by an everydayhero fundraising account.
3. To get started, families are required to follow this link to the Whittlesea City Little Athletics Centre Team page: https://littleathleticsvictoria2017.everydayhero.com/…/whit….
4. Click of the “Join Team” button and sign up for a fundraising account.
6. Add a photo and tell us about your family.
7. Once you have joined the Whittlesea City Little Athletics Centre Team you will commit your revenue earnings as part of the Centre contributions as well.
8. To be eligible for the family prize, family donations must be received and finalised prior to 12noon on the day of the Relaython (Saturday 4th February).
9. Any contributions follwing this date will not be eligible for the main prize.
The Family that generates the most revenue will win the following prize;
? 1st place wins a family Jetstar gift voucher to the value of $1000
? 2nd place wins a family Jetstar gift voucher to the value of $750
? 3rd place wins a family Jetstar gift voucher to the value of $50
As an added incentive, the Whittlesea City Little Athletics Centre will provide a $100 Westfield Gift Voucher to the family* that raises the highest amount of monies.
The winning Centre will be recognised by LA Vic at the annual Centrefest with a trophy for their Centre.
*Note: a family means parents and children only.
Please get behind this event and help us surpass our efforts last season in support of the Royal Children’s Hospital Good Friday Appeal