Mentone Relay Day is this Sunday, 13th November. We have a Twilight Session tomorrow night from 5:45pm and no session on Saturday.
- The Program can be found here.
- Events start early this year at 9:00am as we have a very busy program.
- Marshalling is 30 mins prior to your event, however please coordinate with your Team Managers.
- Chest patches are not required for Relay Day.
- Centre Uniform must be worn. The Uniform Shop will be open from 6-7pm at tomorrow night's Twilight Session.
- Canteen, BBQ (including delicious burgers with cheese and coleslaw), Coffee Van, Ice Cream Van, Snow Cones and Face Painting will all be available.
- If there is a scratching in a heat and the event turns into a straight final, the final will be run at the heat time. All team members should present to marshalling at heat time just in case.
- The day will proceed in all but the most extreme weather conditions.
The Parent Duty Roster is here. Before requesting changes to the roster, please keep the following points in mind:
- Mentone Relay Day is the biggest day of the season for our centre. The day cannot proceed without support from all families involved.
- Creating and managing the roster is a difficult and stressful task. Glenda, Marie and Erina have put in hours of work on it already.
- Each family has been allocated a duty, with families of multiple athletes allocated a second duty as relief. If multiple duties are performed this will be taken into consideration the following week at Region relays.
- Please be aware of your duty and report to Parent Duty Co-ordinator 10 mins prior to the start time. Also ensure your name is marked off as performing your duty, DO NOT go directly to the duty position.
- If you are unable to perform your duty, you will need to find someone to take your place. Your team managers should be able to help you contact others in your child's age group.
- Once you have found someone to take your place, please email the change to email@example.com.
- Failure to perform your allocated duty may result in your child being unable to participate at Relay Day or Regional/State Events.
Your cooperation and understanding will be greatly appreciated.
Looking forward to a great day on Sunday!