The 2020 SMR Regional Track & Field Carnival is taking place at Duncan Mackinnon Reserve in Murrumbeena on the 15th and 16th of February 2020. There is no regular program at Mentone next Saturday the 15th February.
For parents of participating athletes at the SMR Track & Field Carnival, please read on.
Please check SMR Regional Track & Field Information page and timetable and then click here to email Alexandra Woods with your timeslot preferences (email@example.com) by 7pm Tuesday 11th February so that she has time to build the roster.
Please remember that these events can't be held without lots of parental assistance. We are all expected to perform one duty per day, per child participating in the event and failure to perform your allocated duty will result in forfeiture of your $50 Parent Duty Bond. Note that if you have multiple children competing, you may be allocated one duty per child, per day they are competing.
Parents on duty, please be mindful of the following:
- Closed-shoes are required when on duty - no thongs/sandals.
- Please don't use your phones whilst on duty and no photography.
- Please check-in at the Mentone tent 15 mins before your duty - don't go straight to your duty.
- Failure to perform your duty puts unfair pressure on our committee and other parents, and will result in forfeiture of your Parent Duty Bond or even prevent your child from participating.
- We'll be setting up tents for everyone, but BYO chairs. We will have limited space, so please understand that someone will most likely sit in your chair if you're not using it.
- Full centre uniform is required - including Chest Patches and Coles Patches. No pockets, lines, or logos larger than 40x40mm on shorts. LAVic regulations are here.
- Athletes, please arrive with plenty of time for parking and present at the table at our tents for a uniform check about 1 hour before your event.
- The Call Room opens 30 mins before event time, and CLOSES 20 mins before event time. All athletes should present to the call room at heat time in case the heat becomes a straight final.
- Our Team Managers are Alex Woods 0411 956 413 and Nes Ofahengaue 0455 673 959. Please contact them if you have any problems.