In June 1957 a group of men lay the foundation for the club to be known as Umina Beach Bowling and Recreation Club.
Over the ensuing years funds were raised and in 1959 following a club meeting, a section of land in Melbourne Ave. was bought from Gosford Council and at Easter of 1959 with £300 in hand the task of clearing the land began. The plant operator took £250, leaving only £50 to commence operations. No 1 green was sited, and the back breaking work of forming the area began, mainly with volunteer labour. The original club house was a 40 X 20 foot shed built by volunteer labour. This was situated behind green No.1. The first green came into play in September 1960. In 1962 in order to obtain a liquor licence the Umina Beach Bowling and Recreation Club was disbanded and reformed the same day as Umina Beach Bowling Club. After a long struggle, a liquor license was finally granted in October 1964, together with a license for the operating of Poker Machines. A second green had been completed by this time adjacent to No. 1 green. Further additions were added to the clubhouse and this was officially opened on 6th March 1966. A third green was opened in 1970. In March 1972 a further change was made by the establishment as a "Club Ltd"
The inaugural meeting of the Womens Bowling Club was held on 2nd November 1959 at Umina Progress Hall. Seventeen Ladies attended. Unlike many other clubs, the men of Umina Beach Bowling Club welcomed the women bowlers, even before the completion of their clubhouse.
The Kingfisher Trophy Invitation Men's Triples has been the clubs major bowling event, and boasts a 46 year history. During this time the trophy has seen several format changes, culminating with the now current 2 bowls triple game. There are now 42 teams competing over 2 days. This tournament attracts high quality bowlers and usually attracts good spectator audiences and media support.
In 2006 the club found itself in financial difficulties and merged with Merrylands RSL