MSQ and Volunteers
Masters Swimming Queensland is a non profit organisation, which receives a small amount of funding from the Qld Government.
Its main source of income is dependent on the following:
- Membership fees
- Club Affiliation and Swim Meet Sanction fees
- Income derived from the annual state championships and from the Pan Pacific Masters Games every two years.
Our technical officials and most of our coaches assist our clubs and the organisation on a voluntary basis.
Assistance at our state championships is given by members of the host club. Officials, who assist at the State Championships, may be drawn from throughout Queensland.
MSQ would welcome all the assistance of volunteers who may be existing members or people who may know Masters' swimmers or are family and friends of our members.
How volunteers can help
- As timekeepers at our swim meets
- As technical officials. We offer free courses for you to become a technical official.
- As a coach for adult swimmers. These are run regularly and there is a cost involved. Clubs often subsidise the course fees.
- As a volunteer on a needs basis, which may be in the office or at major swim meets
- As a volunteer in any capacity you may wish to assist.
Click on Technical Officials for information on how to become an official.
For more information, please contact the MSQ Administrator: firstname.lastname@example.org