Thank You Volunteers
As we come to the end of a busy Summer Track and Field season Athletics NZ would like to thank the thousands of volunteers out there that have given up so much time to help provide their clubs and communities opportunities in Athletics. Whether it’s, coaching, officiating, balancing the books or helping cook the sausages on club night - they are all important in helping make athletics happen. You are all truly amazing and athletics couldn’t function without you! THANK YOU! Clubs if you have any superstar volunteers that you wish to nominate in the lotto nominate a Sport Maker campaign. Check out https://www.lottovolunteers.co.nz/ for details. Heaps of cool prizes up for grabs.
Member Club Affiliation
It’s that time of year again. From April 1 Member Club Affiliation is open for the 2017/18 season. It’s the same process as the previous few years. You will need to fill in the online form and will be given the choice of paying online or by an alternative method. The purpose of the online form is to gather up-to-date contact details to improve our communication with all clubs. The form will take around 10 minutes to fill out and will require you to enter key club contacts (E.g. President name and email address). Please follow the instructions below.
1. Click Link: Athletics NZ Member Club Registration Form
2. Fill in online form
3. Pay Fee: Like last year, clubs will be given the option of paying their Member Club Affiliation Fee online using a credit card or alternatively receiving an invoice for alternative payment once the form is filled out and submitted online. There will be a $10 DISCOUNT for all payments made via Credit Card. Please make sure you pick the correct option at the start.
As you may be aware we have just transitioned across to our upgraded membership database and registrations for the winter season opened for most clubs on 1 April.
With many new clubs choosing online registrations this year we would like to remind you to update your bank details if you haven’t already done so. If you bank details have not been submitted to SportsTG then they cannot pay you your weekly membership settlements from the previous weeks transactions.
Club Net top tips:
1. When manually making a member financial, be sure to first add a Member Type, before adding a Subscription Type. See Managing Members for more information (this has recently been updated).
2. To get a list of paid and unpaid transactions, go to Membership > Financial > Subscriptions and filter (funnel icon) for status being paid or unpaid. Click the blue Actions > Export, to export the list to Excel. See the Finance document for more information.
3. Any member submitting their information online but not paying by credit or debit card will show as being unpaid and will need to be processed as per a manual member. Athletics NZ and your centre will invoice you monthly for all manual payments occurring the previous month.
Remember to show all members joining your club the Athletics NZ membership declaration as they are agreeing to these terms and conditions by joining the club. Any online member will have already seen and agreed to these in their registration form.
Health & Safety
A reminder that Athletics NZ has a range of Health & Safety resources and templates available for centres and clubs on our website. It is important that all clubs have an understanding of their roles and responsibilities under the new legislation and work to provide a safe environment for all those involved.
Sports Grounds welcome community AED stations
New Zealand Red Cross (one of our Member Benefits partners) are doing a great job helping sporting groups fundraise for AED's (Automated External Defibrillator). It's piece of equipment critical in saving lives. You can read about how they have installed 24 Community AED stations in just over a year here.